Thursday, July 25, 2013

The One With The Gnomes

I recently participated in a Doll Quilt Swap on my favorite sewing forum. The theme was "Summer" -- so naturally, I went with gnomes.



I promise the actual quilt isn't as wonky as this picture makes it look! (My lawn is the wonky one.)

This little quilt measures about 16" x 20" -- I used some much loved Heather Ross fabric (the gnomes and stripes), Art Gallery solid, and Michael Miller dots for the binding. Then went to it quilting the feathers and a "crossing paths" dense filler.

See, I told you it wasn't (quite) as wonky as that first picture showed; this pic shows a completely different kind of wonkiness!

On the back, I added a strip of stripes, with selvedge, of course, and a bit of Heather's newest line Briar Rose. There are little crickets in among the clover. Definitely summer!

I'll be hanging out with some other fun sewing peeps on Friday and Saturday. My local MQGs (yes, two of them!) are hosting sew days. I've got some utilitarian quilty bits (placemats) and some fun stuff (a swap and a charity top) to work on. Which means there'll be something new to share next week.

What are you working on today?

ko




1 comment:

  1. Love the quilting on this little piece.

    ReplyDelete