Monday, June 17, 2013

The One With The Doctor

One of the reasons I named this blog "The Quilt Nerd," and post it at "quiltingnerdy" on blogger, is that I am a big ol' nerdy-geeky-nutjob. If this blog continues for any length of time, you'll soon come to realize that it's true, and that I fully embrace my nerdy-geeky-nutjob self.

One of my biggest geek-outs is over The Doctor, and his T.A.R.D.I.S. All things DW make me swoon! (I even have a My Little Pony "Doctor Hooves"!)

I've been oogling DW quilts for ages, and flickr is a terrific source for DW quilty goodness. Do a quick search and you'll see what I mean.

Let's take a look, shall we?

TARDIS quilt by quilty59 via flickr
flickr user Quilty59 made that TARDIS quilt. Twice. Yep, she made two of them!

How about this gorgeous painted TARDIS detail by relentlesstoil on flickr:

relentlesstoil via flickr
I *love* it!




ak@handmadewardrobe.com via flickr

This stunning quilt was made by someone who's never quilted before. She decided to make her boyfriend a quilt, so she did! Please check out her blog and see.

If you're *really* into paper piecing, and all things DW, then the Doctor Who Along may be for you. Caroline at Trillium Designs and Soma at Whims and Fancies have some pretty amazing DW paper pieced designs. It's never too late to join on flickr!

If you want to make your very own creepy weeping angel quilt block, check out whims and fancies website for their Weeping Angel paper piece pattern. (Personally, there is no way I will make this one, because I'm terrified it will actually begin looking at me! gah!! Stephen Moffat has completely ruined the garden department at Home Depot for me. For. Ever.)

And finally, a simply amazing piece of patchwork that has blown me away each and every time I look at it. Please check out St. Louis Folk Victorian for the full story. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Go forth and quilt nerdy!

ko


No comments:

Post a Comment